Friday, June 1, 2007

Documents to leave the Country

This is just a friendly reminder that anyone that is thinking about leaving the country needs to plan ahead. Passports are taking at least 12 weeks to process and you can't leave home without them!

You can request an expedited passport processing service for an additional $60 but even then passports are still taking 6 weeks or more to process. There is a new passport promotion out from the Sandals Resorts that will give you $125 in resort credit when you expedite your passport when traveling to any of their properties. This is for new bookings from 6/1 and onward. Call me for the details.

You can get information by contacting the National Passport Center at 1-877-487-2778 or go online at for all the updates on what you need to get a passport. I do have applications at my office for your convenience.

Also remember to make a copy of the identification page in case your passport is lost or stolen. Carry two extra passport pictures with you. If you passport is lost or stolen report the loss immediately to local police and the nearest US Embassy or Consulate. It's always better to be safe than sorry!

So if you're thinking of traveling out the country, please take the time and get your passport early! I've had clients already stressed out when their passports came late or not at all. Let's not make extra work for any of us. You'll be glad that you took my advice and did this early.

No comments: